I’m Brandon Zipp, and this is my website. I plan to use this website to share some of my projects, experiences, and opinions on things. Who I am:
Husband, father, and scientist. I have an amazing family and we love getting out to enjoy the hiking, biking, mountains, and ocean that Northern California has to offer.
Things that shape me:
- A stellar wife that stands by me and is my partner on this epic journey.
- Two awesome kids that always make me smile.
- An energetic black Lab that is always ready to run with me.
- Ph.D. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UC Davis.
- Design and art background prior to science.
- I have completed a marathon, ultramarathon, and an Ironman.
- Bike racing, mostly cyclocross.
- Freediving for abalone and spearfishing.
- Eagle Scout and lifelong volunteer.
- Woodwork and metalwork from welding to fabrication.
- CAD part design and 3D printing.
- Programming and electrical component design (Java, Python, HTML, Arduino).
- Homebrewing beer and cider.
- Backpacking, camping, and generally addicted to fresh air.
- Entrepreneurship and constantly learning new info and topic areas.